Well, this is what happened to the founder of Safety Caps. His daughter choked on an outlet plug cover. Yes, it is probably the ones you have all over your house. I had them in all my electrical outlets, and didn't even realize that they were a hazard.
The old outlet covers are small enough that they can be swallowed. So over at Safety Caps, they have been redesigned to a larger size and they have air holes based on the US pacifier regulations.
This picture shows the Safety Cap on top with the old cover on the bottom. Not only are the Safety Caps safer, but they blend better with the electrical outlet.
Need to make your home a safer place? Safety Caps has offered to give one lucky reader a 24 pack of caps, but if you order before this giveaway is over, you will recieve 96 free!!
How to Enter:
1) Visit Safety Caps and tell me how long their caps are.
Additional Entries: (please leave a separate entry for each)
2) Subscribe to my blog.
3) Follow me on twitter (whatmommiesneed) or tweet about this giveaway.
4) Favorite me in technorati.
5) Email Ellen about why you like safety caps (5 extra entries).
6) Email Oprah about why you like safety caps (5 extra entries).
7) Blog about this giveaway and leave the link.
Contest ends at 11:59pmCST on March 16th. Prizes not claimed in 72 hours will be forfeited. Open to U.S. Residents only.
You Must Leave a Valid E-mail Address to be eligible.