Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pregnant with a Baby Boy

I was not the type of little girl that sat around dreaming of her prince charming with the nice house picket fence and 2.4 children playing in the yard. I always envisioned myself a business woman who would travel the world handling business deal after business deal, or I was going to be an actress. Turns out, I am neither, and I am actually happy with that. Because I never dreamt of a family or even having roots, I never gave any thought to children or what I would be like as a mother, or even a wife. Well that all changed after the day I found I was pregnant.

Mind you I wasn’t traveling the world as a high powered business professional or an actress, but I was well on my way to establishing a career that would take me to where I wanted to be in life. I don’t remember the day I found out that other than I had a nagging feeling that I was pregnant and I bought a pregnancy test that had three tests in it. I definitely wanted to be sure either way. Sure enough test one, two, and three all came back with a plus sign. I can’t say that I was overwhelmed with emotion either way, but I can say that from the very moment that I found out I was pregnant, I knew I was going to have a baby boy. From that point forward, I become completely consumed with learning about my pregnancy and what to expect.

Knowing that I had a living being growing inside of me completely changed my focus in life. I learned everything there was to know about pregnancy, child birth, and of course raising a child. I wasn’t able to get at ultra sound with a 3d image of my child but parentsconnect.com supplied me with a week by week 3d image of what my baby looked like and what stage of growth that he was in. The best part is that my husband was able to read along with me and learn what I was going through and he was able to see how his son was developing. I think this helped to develop his bond with his child. We both learned a quite a bit were able to take away information that was helpful.

By Guest Author: Tegan Dawn

Renee

0 comments: