Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Feeling Safe at Home

Home is my safe haven. Whenever I feel sick, sad, or just plain yucky, I want to be home. But, I am the first to admit that I am a complete wimp when it comes to being home by myself at night. I absolutely hate when my husband has to work late. We live in a really safe area, but I hear all kinds of extra noises when I lay in bed at night, especially if I am alone.

For some reason, having an alarm system has always seemed to put me more at ease. Our first house had and ADT home security system, and I hope to get one installed in our new house soon. ADT always responded promptly if the alarm was triggered. I loved knowing that our house was being monitored when we were away.


Having a home security system made it easier to sleep at night, knowing that someone was keeping watch over us. Their security systems also respond to smoke, which helps keep your pets safe at home, even when you are not there. They even had us place a sticker on a visible window stating what kinds of pets we had and how many.

I don't know of any other way that you can protect your family, pets, and belongings all in one system. Its like having a 24 hour hotline to the police, fire station, and ambulances at your fingertips. No wonder I felt better having a security system in my house.
Renee

1 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

I so want/need an alarm system! I think I would sleep much much better with one!